EXTPRO - 1.2
The Extruder PRO 1.2 is an iteration based on the Extruder Pro V1.
This latest version of the Extruder PRO (1.2) solves 2 main problems: Safety and transportability. How? By following the CE safety requirements (European standards) and designing it to be easily disassembled.
In this how-to you'll find the download files and the requirements to build and run this machine yourself :) —
Step 1 - Download package
In this folder you will find:
- 3D CAD (.step and .f3d)
- Lasercut files (.dxf)
- Blueprints (.pdf)
.. and more :)
You can see a preview of all the files (in case you are just curious 👀) and you'll also be able to download them for manufacturing 🔧
Step 2 - Build
- General metalworking (cutting, drilling)
- Turning (machining on a lathe)
- Milling (machining on a mill)
- Laser cutting
- General electrical work (wiring safety switch, temperature controllers…)
- Motor electrical work (wiring motor, contactor, overload protection…)
- Programming (PID, VFD…)
- Advanced assembly work (require specific tools, measurement instruments and tolerances knowledge to align and assemble)
⚙️ Machinery / specific tools needed:
- Grinder, chop saw, MIG/MAG or TIG, drill press
- Lathe and milling machine (can be manual)
- 5 axis lathe (for the screw only, it can also be found on the bazar)
- Laser cutting (this can easily be subcontracted around the world)
- Torque wrench and bearing mounting tool
Step 3 - Run, Maintain, Create and Sell :)
To run and maintain this machine properly and safely, make sure to have a look at its MANUAL:
You'll be able to produce a large variety of products like beams, bricks or filament for 3D printing or weaving baskets etc.
Have a look at the How-to's to find inspiration for extrusion moulds or products:
Buy and sell on the Bazar!
On the Precious Plastic Bazar you can buy moulds or machine parts for this machine - or sell your own creations and machines!
Happy melting! 🤗
— — —